About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. A wife. A Mommy. A daughter, granddaughter, sister, Aunt, and cousin. I love my God, my family, and my friends. I am a full time student majoring in Health Information. I was born an Okie, but am now a Texan. I love the OSU Cowboys and chocolate =) I have twins girls, Jaycee and Kenna, age 11, and my baby boy, Grant, 3 1/2.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On my mind...

What's on my mind today??

I can't stop thinking about my best friend's new grandbaby. I picture his mother and all I see is that sweet, 5th grader with the dark reading glasses that used to come into the library and hug me everyday. That was the year I met that whole family. And now she's a mommy?? Wow.
The Daugherty's are my family now.
Now there is Kemper Paul Waldo, the newest addition and I can't wait to get up there to meet him.
And I'm thinking about homework. Man, do I ever have a lot to get done. But I'll get it. Probably late tonight, when it's quiet.
And Dark.

And I'm sleepy.

But I will get it done.

And I'm thinking about getting ready to head into town. Gotta run some errands, post office, church library, newspaper office....then Ferger burgers with Shawn and his office crew!! YESSS! I love it when it's someone's birthday! Happy Birthday, Lydia!


And I'm thinking about the new projects I have started. First are the t-shirt quilts I"m making for the girls. Made from t-shirts from Church camp, 4-H, years of FFA conventions when they were little, trips to special places, shirts people got them on THEIR special trips, "I'm a big sister" shirts, OSU shirts.....there are a LOT of shirts. I've been saving for a while... like 7 years. These might be B-I-G quilts. If you have any experience with making these particular quilts.....please, any advice is WELCOME :)

The other projects are the shirts with the stitched on fabric....do you know what I mean??


Here's a picture of one I finished this morning. I also made some for the girls...red shirts with CC on the front in the zebra print, for Columbus Cardinals.





I get in these crafty moods and just want to.....Produce something. You can't really see in the pic, but this shirt has orange stitching.







Also I have made a few binky holders. Ya know? Those nifty things that hold onto pacifiers when your kid is playing that I'll-throw-this-and-you-go-get-it game?? I made a couple for some friends from church. They are definitely easier to make for girls! You can really BLING those babies out!








These are the ones I made for Miss Ellie. I also have made one with beads....I saw those online, thought, I can do that. So I did.
(more pics to follow)
One other thing weighing the ole mind is our garage sale this weekend. Just kinda outta blue. Well, not really. I mean there's been that pile of stuff in the garage since we moved. It's cooler now, it's the first of the month this weekend...no better time than the present.
But dang, it's a lot of work!! HA!
And I promised my girls 10% each of all profits if they helped. So far, so good.
Better get busy on my day.....Yall come back, now, ya hear.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute projects! And I can't wait to meet Kemper, either. I'll give him a kiss from you if I get to see him soon!