About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. A wife. A Mommy. A daughter, granddaughter, sister, Aunt, and cousin. I love my God, my family, and my friends. I am a full time student majoring in Health Information. I was born an Okie, but am now a Texan. I love the OSU Cowboys and chocolate =) I have twins girls, Jaycee and Kenna, age 11, and my baby boy, Grant, 3 1/2.

Monday, November 29, 2010

You see what had happened was......

Jaycee had a bike wreck. A bad one. Down a steep hill, going very fast, and obviously not at all in a straight or upright position. She landed on her elbows then rolled.
Bruises=both elbows, one leg, 2 on stomach, 1 on chin, groin (BAD ONE!), and 1 on her chest. Blood= elbow, head, tummy. The head scared me. Always does. Head wounds bleed so bad!! Turns out, it was a very small puncture.
It could have been worse. She could have broken something. We're still not sure about ALL the damage.
We go back to the orthopedic surgeon Wednesday.
Not good. Still yet, it could have been worse.
She has possible damage to the growth plate in her shoulder and maybe something or another going on with the nerve in her elbow (causing numbness in her hand).
I should have gotten more pictures of the MULTIPLE bruises she has......but from the photo below, you'll see she wasn't happen about the camera. =)
This was taken in the ER.....TWO DAYS LATER.
I'm either the mom that runs immediately, thinking broken arm-leg-head, or the mom that makes here kid suffer two days before going in. And truth be told, I tried to get her in to the Doc, but they had nothing open and my baby was sufferin'.
So Jaycee is in a sling....not sure for how long. But she's done well. More xrays tomorrow, doc on Wednesday.
So how was your week??

1 comment:

Contemplating Cadie said...

oh my! Bless her heart! When I was around her age the same thing happened to me, and I still have the scars to prove it:-P Only I was riding on the handle bars of my sisters bike going down that steep hill. Some kid from the neighborhood jumped out from some trees in front of my sister about halfway down... I made it the rest of the way down, flying solo. Hope she feels better by Christmas!